4 months ago
Remedy Education are currently looking for an Education Welfare Officer based in the Borough of Enfield
We are looking to recruit an Education Welfare Officer with at least two years' experience in a similar role. The primary function is to support schools and parents in promoting good attendance and in providing an effective response to pupils whom have difficulties in attending school. To work within allocated schools and meet with parents, pupils & members of staff to identify concerns and agree the action to be undertaken.
- To meet with parents regularly to establish any barriers to a regular full-time education and work in collaboration with all parties to develop strategies to ensure a positive outcome and improved attendance for the pupil and school
- Support pupils and families presenting welfare and social care concerns but also robustly challenge parents who condone their children's absences from school and regularly monitor success of intervention.
- To take supportive/remedial action in respect of individual absentees to secure their regular attendance at school or other educational provision.
- Ensure compliance with all legislative requirements & undertake all recognised statutory education welfare service responsibilities.
- Implement the Local Authority's Fixed Penalty Notice Code of Conduct on behalf of the Head Teacher.
- To advise and support schools in the implementation of School Attendance Regulations and in the use of attendance statistics for the monitoring and management of school attendance.
- To contribute pro-actively and to relevant areas of school policy and planning including the development of a whole school attendance policy and liaison with governors as appropriate.
- To make referral to, to liaise and collaborate in joint work with other practitioners
- Provide termly reports on the impact of our service.
We are committed to Safer Recruitment. Pre-Employment Checks will be undertaken prior to appointments being confirmed. Positions are subject to Enhanced DBS Checks.
Applicants must have experience of working with children, young people and families in an education, social work or police environment.
If you are interested in hearing more information about this position, please do not hesitate in contacting ZEKI MEHMET at Remedy Recruitment.