£75 - £85 per day
6 months ago
SEN Primary Teaching Assistant - Southwark - Outstanding Primary School
Q - Have you recently graduated and looking for a rewarding job involving working with a range of children with special educational needs?
Q - Do you have previous experience of working with SEN children through a teaching assistant / tutoring role?
If either of these apply to you, this SEN Teaching Assistant opportunity could be perfect!
A 2 Form Entry Primary School in the borough of Southwark is looking to recruit a SEN Primary Teaching Assistant to join their friendly team of support staff ASAP.
This Teaching Assistant opportunity will involve working with primary school children on a 1:1 or group basis to help them integrate into classroom learning and help to raise attainment. It is a long-term role lasting for the whole academic year and will be full time (working 5 days a week).
The children have a variety of special educational needs, including Autism, ADHD and Dyslexia.
- SEN Primary Teaching Assistant
- Working in KS1 or KS2
- Supporting the class teacher with daily tasks
- Working 1:1 or in small groups with SEN children
- Long term and permanent role
- Full Time (5 days a week)
- £70-£85 per day + healthcare package
- 2 Form Entry mainstream Primary School
- Graded 'Outstanding' by Ofsted
- Above average Progress 8 scores
- Friendly staff atmosphere
- Great transport links
- Must hold 2:1 or 1st Class Degree
- Ambitions of becoming a Primary Teacher or working with SEN children in the future
- Previous experience of working with SEN children ideal but not essential
- Must have a pro-active approach and be able to use your own initiative
- Hold a registered DBS or willing to apply for one
If you are interested in this SEN Primary Teaching Assistant role, please send your CV to Carly Walters at Remedy Education.
Immediate interviews are available with a personal consultant. We will be in touch within 48 hours if you are shortlisted.
Please see our website page headed 'About' and scroll to the bottom to see our 'Privacy notice' for an explanation about how we use information we collect about you.