£85 - £95 per day
3 months ago
Salary: Dependent on experience
Contract Type: Full time (term time)
Remedy Education is seeking a DT technician with a focus candidate who have a working knowledge of the sorts of equipment and machinery found in secondary workshops, knowledge of Art & Design and Food Technology would also be a bonus as the technician covers across the Creative Arts subjects although they mainly work with Design & Technology.
You will have a unique opportunity to work with the DT department to:
- Work alongside a passionate and dedicated team who place a high priority on your continuing professional development
- Be part of a new school that expands year-on-year giving you the chance to develop and grow in pace with it
- Monitoring and servicing of all machinery in the workshops (hand tools, kitchen equipment, pillar drills, band saws, band facer, circular saw, disc sander, vacuum former, laser cutter, 3D printer, spray booth, line bender, convection oven, etc.) This included changing blades or papers where required.
- To draw up and maintain an inventory of equipment and organise store rooms and store cupboards.
- To maintain department resources and keep a record of stock. Maintenance of materials and hand tools to be done on a regular basis, including the sharpening of blades.
- As the school grows, assist in the introduction of new equipment into the workshops and kitchen. · Use of CAD/CAM machine. · Preparing materials for student use, such as cutting wood/plastic to size.
- Servicing and monitoring of all equipment in the kitchen including the hobs and ovens. · To prepare materials for lessons, as requested by each member of department.
- Printing, scanning, photocopying and laminating and mounting pupil's work.
- Creation of lesson resources for practical lessons such as jigs and formers.
- To ensure all tools and equipment are stored securely after use.
- Hanging work when required.
- To ensure all pupils' work and unused material is returned to the appropriate storage area. · To assist in preparing classroom and corridor displays. 4
- To inform (and if required arrange) for the regular safety inspections of all machinery and equipment. · Assist in completion of Risk Assessments and the implementation of the DT H&S policy.
- Keep records of all risk assessments and certificates up to date.
- To ensure the DT and Art rooms are kept secure, clean, tidy and free from all hazards, and to report any building maintenance issues on behalf of the departments.
- To ensure departmental first aid boxes are kept up-to-date and stocked.
- To carry out other tasks reasonably requested by the Head of Design Technology in accordance with the post holder's skills and qualifications.
Remedy Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Services. Please send your CV today to Ryan Thurkettle at Remedy Education for consideration