East London, London
Up to £500 per day
10 months ago
Divisional Head of Tenancy & Leasehold Services
Remedy Recruitment are currently working in partnership with the local authority in London and are seeking an experienced Divisional Head of Tenancy & Leasehold Services Manager to work with a busy housing team in the council.
**SALARY- £500 per day**
Main Duties and Responsibilities-
- Contribute towards the strategic development and corporate management of LBs and lead in the area of housing management related activities.
- Be responsible for the strategic overview and management ofLBs housing management activities consisting of:
- Tenancy Management (including dealing with anti-social behaviour, tenancy fraud and new tenancy processes) and Customer Services
- Leasehold Management and Right to Buy administration
- Income collection (including the maximisation of income from rents, service charges, and other income sources)
- Rent Accounting
- Resident Participation
- Be responsible for all relevant statutory and regulatory requirements within the scope of the service, including those applicable to the health and safety of residents, staff and contractors.
- Exercise effective financial management and control of budgets and projects. Achieve the required performance standards and ensure budgetary matters (including budget strategy and monitoring) are in accordance with agreed priorities.
- Exercise effective human resource management and control in line with LBs personnel policies and practices. Foster excellent industrial relations through engagement with all represented unions.
- Involve customers in the design, delivery and monitoring of services.
- Ensure that the development of the service is aligned with the strategic vision and priorities set by the Mayor and Cabinet Member for Housing. Work with elected Members as appropriate.
- Be responsible for procuring and tendering services where appropriate (including partnering arrangements) in line with LBs corporate procurement strategies and rules. Act as client for such arrangements when in place.
- Work collaboratively with other organisations as appropriate to facilitate service improvement, community cohesion and other corporate objectives.
- Drive and deliver continuous improvement in the efficiency and effectiveness of the service. Ensure that services are customer focused, accountable and have appropriate and innovative challenging service delivery standards.
- Ensure accountability in the management of complex case work and that performance management is robust in respect of direct reports and in the culture of the organisation as a whole.
- Be responsible for the recruitment, management and development of staff.
- Ensure high levels of customer satisfaction across the customer base, particularly in respect of minority ethnic communities and disadvantaged and vulnerable groups.
- Secure confidentiality of employee and resident data at all times with due regard to Data Protection requirements.
- Attend evening meetings as necessary.
The successful candidate will require the following-
- To actively promote customer care, value for money and performance management in own role.
- To demonstrate a whole hearted commitment to the organisational values and culture.
- To promote an environment of continuous learning and improvement.
- To consistently promote and apply equality and diversity, in line with LBs policy / procedures and ensure that this is demonstrated and maintained throughout all areas responsibility.
- To be aware of, and observe fully and promote, LBs policies relating to health and safety and risk management and best practice, throughout all areas responsibility.
- The post holder will be expected to undertake such additional duties or responsibilities, consistent with the role and grade, as may be allocated.
- Ensure that equality impact assessments are completed for policy and service areas.
For more information please contact Bronte at Remedy on 0208 418 7677.