North London, London
£40 - £43 per hour
2 months ago
The Deputy Head of Adult Social Care is accountable for the provision of the following overarching activities:
- Management of the front of office function for adult social care, ensuring awareness of the advice and information services to create a dynamic contact point for new customers and ensuring that delivery accords with the Directorate's agreed standards.
- Working closely with colleagues who are responsible for providing information or signposting to partner agencies and with Public Health to ensure that there is a high quality and integrated approach to promoting health and wellbeing and tackling associated inequalities.
- Building on our successes in promoting independence, working closely with the Integrated Independence Team to ensure access to a range of integrated intermediate care services (including the Integrated Discharge Planning Service) to improve outcomes for service users. The post holder will be responsible for promoting our strength-based approach to social support, ensuring that all eligible service users are offered reablement services as a crucial part of the process to help individuals regain their independence in the community.
- Ensuring prevention and safeguarding functions are integrated into the work of each team along the social care pathway and that staff take a proactive approach in promoting choice and control whilst ensuring the safety and wellbeing of the service user.
- Implementing the requirements of the Care Act and related legislation, Department of Health policy directives, Care Quality Commission (CQC) standards, as they apply to the service.
- Providing high quality advice and support to reassure the Head of Adult Social Care through delivery of timely performance reports and other such data, that the soundest possible actions are being taken.
- To support the Head of Adult Social Care on behalf of the Council on work streams for the strategic partnership boards as appropriate.
- To work in partnership with health, housing, culture, leisure, the voluntary sector and other significant stakeholders including residents in delivering positive outcomes to service users and carers.
- Responsible for promoting a strength-based approach to assessment and support and proactively promote health and well being
- Review all requests for care and support packages by front line Adult Social Care services to ensure they are person centred and promote independence.
- To account for all performance measures, indicators, targets and outcomes related to the service and those allocated to by the Head of Adult Social Care, providing feedback on progress and issues through routine supervision.
- To review and monitor action plans that seek to address performance issues in each service, and use your detailed knowledge and understanding of the factors that drive and mediate service outcomes to scrutinise senior managers' strategic and operational handling of service improvement.
If you are interested in this role please send your CV .