£20 - £21 per hour
17 days ago
Remedy Recruitment Group are currently working with a local authority in Surrey and are currently seeking an experienced Council Tax Officer
The successful candidates will require the following
Provide a high quality telephone service for Council Tax and Benefits. The post holder is expected to deal with a wide range of calls including:
- Calls in response to the issue of Council Tax bills, reminders and summonses.
- General administrative enquiries, including giving advice regarding payments, moving house, discounts, exemptions and disregards.
- enquiries about progress with Benefit claims, both Housing Benefit and Local Council Tax Support.
- calls in response to the issue of benefits notifications and letters,
- Outgoing telephone calls to recover unpaid Council Tax.
The post holder records the details of their telephone conversation and makes relevant amendments to Council Tax accounts where appropriate
- Maintain accurate records and respond to written enquiries. This includes:
- Deciding on and awarding or removing entitlement to Council Tax discounts, exemptions and disregards.
- Updating computer records for a variety of reasons including Council Tax moves, discounts and exemptions and recovery processes.
- Carrying out more specific tasks such as processing refunds and direct debit recalls, or quality checking bills prior to dispatch.
please call Bronte at Remedy on 02084187676 or email for more information.