South East London, London
£19.73 - £24.60 per hour
CCRO - Dee_1562854974
4 months ago
Children's Complaints and Representations Officer, SE London, up to £24.60ph
Remedy Recruitment Group Ltd are working in partnership with a local authority based in South East London to recruit a Children's Complaints and Access to Records Manager.
This is a high level administrative role where you will need excellent customer service skills with experience dealing with complaints in children's services and/or public sector.
Main duties include:
- To assess complaints received and carry out all necessary enquiries to initiate an appropriate response.
- Provide advice and guidance to relevant staff who are required respond to complaints and ensure that a satisfactory response is provided in a timely manner.
- To co-ordinate responses to corporate requests for information and responses to Council questions in a timely manner.
- To manage and monitor requests for information sought under the Freedom of Information Act and ensure that responses are compiled by relevant managers within the statutory requirements.
- Sound understanding of the role and functions and current issues facing local government.
- Knowledge of the key issues involved in complaints and casework management within a large organisation.
- Knowledge of legislation and guidance relating to complaints made by and on behalf of children and young people, particularly those who are looked after.
- Knowledge of legislation and guidance relating to freedom of information requests.
- Good investigative skills including ability to review significant amounts of information and understand the key issues that arise.
Benefits of working with Remedy
- A personal one-one service from your highly experienced dedicated consultant.
- Top tier supplier to numerous local authorities throughout London giving us access to jobs before other agencies.
- Referral bonus - up to £250* per person placed.
- Double payrolls each week.
*Terms & Conditions apply
You will be required to fully register with Remedy for all locum positions.
To be considered for this role, please apply with your CV to Dee Spencer on the social care team.
Remedy Social Care is a REC Standard agency and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the vulnerable. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS. Our objective is to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from everyone with suitable skills and ability regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, religion or belief. All applications will be accepted and reviewed solely on merit.