Wolverhampton, West Midlands
£28.00 - £32.00 per hour + Negotiable
3 months ago
Remedy Recruitment Group are currently seeking a Qualified Social Worker (QSW) to work within a Child Protection/Children in Need Team for a Local Authority based in the West Midlands.
- To assess, identify levels of risk and need and deliver protective or supportive services for children at risk or in need.
- To promote the welfare of children in need with particular regard for their age, sex, health, race, religion, culture and life experience.
- To accommodate children and young people and initiate care proceedings when appropriate.
- To implement care plans, including arrangements for funding and ensuring that the cost of provision remains within agreed budgets.
- To ensure that all expenditure on cases is properly authorised and recorded and that cases with financial packages are regularly monitored and reviewed.
- To monitor and review the implementation of, and to provide continuing advice, support and social work services to children and young people, their families and their carers.
- To produce court statements and when required, give evidence in court on behalf of the Local Authority in Family Proceedings Court and any other court within Family Division as required.
- To provide verbal and written reports to Child Protection conferences, strategy meetings, planning meeting and reviews.
- To take responsibility for managing an individual caseload, having regard to the relative needs of all service users and ensuring an effective use of time and resources.
- To attend and make use of supervision and staff appraisals.
- To maintain and develop up to date relevant skills and knowledge of current legislation, policy and social work practice, through training as required or agreed by Team Manager.
Please submit a copy of your most recent CV for us to consider you for this position.
***REMEDY ARE ALSO OFFERING A FANTASTIC REFERRAL SCHEME OF UP TO £250 PER SUCCESSFUL RECOMMENDATION***