South West London, London
£35.00 - £38.00 per hour + Depending on experience
3 months ago
Remedy Recruitment Group are currently seeking an experienced CP Chair/IRO to work within a Looked After Children Team for a Local Authority based in South West London.
- In understanding the role of the IRO it must be recognised that effective care planning and the review of good social work practice are statutory duties of the LA and the IRO must fulfil this function.
- CPC/IROs must provide a statutory challenge process and hold the Council to account for their duties as Corporate Parent. This includes formal challenge to the work of senior officer on a higher grade. IROs must ensure the Council is a '' conscientious corporate parent '' for children looked after. For this reason it is essential that the DCS (delegated through senior manager the Head of Service) whose responsibility it is for QA , is accountable for the effective function of the IRO service. Section 7.16 IRO handbook 2010
- CPC/IROs are expected to demonstrate and provide leadership across the entire Childrens Service Dept and externally to the wider multi agency partnership. The CPC/IRO is a key leadership role within Quality Assurance. Whilst they don't directly manage staff they are expected to challenge the practice of managers on higher pay scales including senior managers. Their role is one of leadership and challenge. They are expected to have experience of delivering supervision.
- To ensure a high quality of planning for children and ensure that all statutory duties are carried out to safeguard and promote the welfare of children
- To chair reviews of Children Looked After and Child Protection conferences to a high standard within required statutory timescales and to the agreed Signs of Safety practice framework.
- To chair strategy meetings for complex investigations and allegations against trusted adults.
You will need to be:
Eligible to work in the UK
Why Choose Remedy?
Competitive pay rates
Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
1st tier agency
Up to £250 for each social work professional you refer to us who we place*
If you are interested and would like to find out more please apply to this advert with a copy of your updated CV. Alternatively, please send your CV directly