South West London, London
£40 - £42 per hour
8 months ago
The Case Progression Officer post has been created in response to the demands of the Public Law Outline.
As Case Progression Officer and Parenting Assessor for Achieving for Children, you will be instrumental in working to reduce delay in the decision making journey of the child in family proceedings.
You will achieve this by working together with the judiciary, the court services, Cafcass and other key partners.
Your aim as Case Progression Officer and Parenting Assessor is to improve the quality of Local Authority evidence presented to the court. You will devise systems and strategies to reduce the delay caused by additional assessments by tracking cases and creating a learning environment that will enable social workers to improve practice.
To be successful for this role you will need to be able to manage priorities and deadlines across two boroughs and you should be competent in the use of information technology. You will be clear thinking, decisive, informed and able to manage conflicting demands. A flexible and innovative approach to work will be required and you will be able to contribute to the development of practice, procedure, policy and services.
The requirements of the post are:
- To monitor and Track Cases currently in Court (also will monitor pre-proceedings work)
- Ensure an overarching quality assurance function is in place
- Enable staff to meet the requirements of the new PLO through coaching, mentoring and support
- Share regular feedback performance data with senior management
- To attend external meetings with partner agencies
- To promote a "project management" approach to Court cases
- To set up a strategy that can identify immediate risk and can deploy urgent and intensive family support to cases
If you are interested in this role please send your CV