£70 - £90 per day
3 months ago
Care Assistant - SEN School - Enfield, North London - ASAP Start
About the Role:
The successful candidate will report directly to the 'Independence and Work Experience Coordinator'. You will support students who are on work experience placements, providing support and personal care. You will also provide support to pupils and students at the SEN School when required all of whom have complex needs which may include medical difficulties, hearing and visual impairments, speech and language /communication difficulties, emotional and learning needs.
- Care Assistant required for SEN School
- Enfield - North London
- £70.00 - £90.00 per day
- Long Term Supply
- ASAP Start
- Ensure that pupils are receiving care as stated in their plan.
- Observe pupil needs and if those needs change, ensure that this is communicated with line manager.
- Assist pupils with mobility problems and other physical disabilities, including incontinence, and assist with care aids and personal equipment.
- Encourage pupils to remain as independent as possible.
- Observe pupils' rights and choices, respecting dignity and privacy.
- Help in the promotion of mental and physical activity of pupils, specifically supporting pupils on work experience placements ensuring positive learning outcomes.
- Assist pupils who need help with getting around, feeding, washing, dressing, undressing, hoisting, bathing, cleaning and toileting.
- Ensure familiarity with written records, specifically student files so that the needs of the pupil can be fully met whilst on work experience placement, liaising with line manager.
- After prior agreement and training to administer medication or medical procedures as necessary, ensuring the school's policy on the administration of medication is adhered to.
- Under the direction of the line manager to be available to discuss in school pupils' progress in area of independence and academic progress
- Contribute to record-keeping by recording observations of pupils during the work experience placement.
- Contribute to reports and attend annual reviews as required.
Care Assistant Requirements:
- To undertake any reasonable duty at the request and discretion of the line manager.
- Undertake any duties, as determined by the Headteacher or Governors, which are consistent with the basic objectives and/or duties of the post.
- The post holder will be expected to comply with schools policies and procedures at all times. These include, but are not limited to child protection, equal opportunities, data protection and health and safety.
- In order to do their job, the care assistant will be trained and coached in the relevant procedures and policies of the School.
- The key tasks listed above are only an indication of the main tasks required to be performed. It is not an exhaustive list of duties and responsibilities and may be subject to amendment to take account of changing circumstances.
If you feel that this is the right role for you then please contact Hollie at Remedy Education.