£80 - £90 per day
3 months ago
British Sign Language Teaching Assistant
- £80- £90 per day depending on experience
- Based in Wandsworth
- ASAP Start
- Special Needs School
- Long term to Permanent
** SEN Teaching Assistant for Primary and Secondary setting (7-19-year olds)
** Special Needs School based in Wandsworth
** Certified in British Sign language (BSL) level 2 or above
We are looking for teaching assistants that are confident and capable in using British Sign Language. A fantastic specialist school in Wandsworth are looking to expand their team and need long term commitment from someone who can start immediately until the end of the academic year.
This setting is a specialist day and weekly boarding school who educate pupils who are visually impaired, including those who are multi-disable visually impaired, deaf-blind and those with profound learning difficulties and complex health needs.
You will be supported by staff who are experts in teaching hearing impaired children. The staff team use a total communication approach combining lip-reading, use of residual hearing and sign supported English (SSE). Pupils with a range of hearing losses are helped to develop language skills, to make progress in their social and emotional development and to have confidence to learn.
Skills and qualifications required:
* Certified in British Sign language (BSL) level 2 or above
* Communicate with parents and carers
* Able to relay BSL from hearing impaired students to non-signing students or adults.
* Excellent strategic & communication skills, the ability to use initiative and that can work well under pressure.
* Positions are subject to an enhance disclosure barred service
If you think you are the right person for this role then please apply now, you can also contact Sophie at Remedy for more information.