£75 - £95 per day
3 months ago
ASD Specialist Teaching Assistant
Southwark, Elephant and Castle
As this schools Specialist Autism Teaching Assistant, your main responsibility will be to support students on a 1:1 basis on the Autistic spectrum. You will be responsible for liaising with the class teacher and SENCO of the school to ensure the child in your care progresses at the right pace. This role will begin in September 2018 and will run for at least 1 full academic year. The daily pay rate for this role will be £75 - £90 per day.
You will be working in an Ofsted rate 'Outstanding' school in the London borough of Southwark, South East London. This is a secondary school with very high academic standards where you will feel welcomed and valued as a member of the team.
The School are looking for:
- A polite and well-presented individual with very good organisational skills
- Specific training or at least 2 years of experience with Autism
- A proven track record in supporting children with additional needs and references to support this
- A The commitment to a role for at least 1 full academic year
- The opportunity to work within a fantastic working space. The school has open plan classrooms and a large outdoor area
- You will be working in an outstanding school and surrounded by fantastic practitioners. This is an ideal opportunity to enhance your skills and career. You will also benefit from ongoing, specific Autism training.
- This school benefits from having a full time Special Education Needs Coordinator (SENCO) on site. This means you will gain valuable experience working alongside a fully trained special education needs practitioner
- This position has the potential to become permanent as the school plan to expand their administration team due to the rising roll number in the school.
- Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
- Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
- Specific Special Needs training or experience. Preferably in Autism
- At least two years' experience in a school or educational setting, preferably supporting children with additional needs
- This position is subject to an enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional reference checks.
- Your CV must cover the last 10 Years of employment where possible and any employment breaks must be explained
- You must have the legal right to work in the UK
Click 'Apply now' to be considered for this great position as a Specialist Autism Teaching Assistant in Southwark, or please call Carly Walters at Remedy Education.