£75 - £85 per day
7 months ago
Year 1 ASD Teaching Assistant in Lewisham Primary School
Remedy Education are currently looking for an experienced TA to work in a SEN role within an established primary school in Lewisham. This is a full time, long term position starting September and lasting until the end of the academic year 2019, with the opportunity of becoming a permanent position.
You will be expected to have experience working with autistic pupils in a 1:1 setting or small groups. Makaton or PECS knowledge is preferable but not essential. You should be able to support engaging lessons and have excellent interpersonal skills along with a positive approach and strong behaviour management.
Year 1, 1:1 Autism Teaching Assistant
- Psychology Graduate Preferred but not essential
- Previous SEN experience Essential
- Resilient and Determined Personality
- Aspiring Educational Psychologist or Teacher
Year 1, 1:1 Autism Teaching Assistant- The Role
- 1:1 Autism Support
- Helping children overcome communication and behavioural barriers
- Working closely with the SENCO
- Academic and Pastoral Support
- General Classroom Support
- Full-time, long-term position
Year 1, 1:1 Autism Teaching Assistant - The School
- 2 Form Entry Primary School
- Higher than Average number of SEN students
- Experienced SENCO
- Highly regarded Inclusion Team
Please get in contact if interested by sending your updated CV to Carly Walters at Remedy Education.
Remedy Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.