£75 - £105 per day
5 months ago
A good school in Southwark is looking for an experienced SEN TA to join their Year 1 team in September 2018. As an SEN Teaching Assistant you will receive support from the SENCo to provide the best support you possibly can, you will work in class to support the class teacher and specifically support children who may have ASD or ADHD. You will work with children 1:1 and use your expert knowledge and the schools resource's to ensure the pupil is making steady progress. You will liaise with parents and the class teacher so good communication skills are essential.
The school believe that each child will succeed when given the opportunity to experience:
- A curriculum which celebrates the diversity of the communities and the lifestyles of our society
- A stimulating and challenging learning environment
- A school life which is safe and secure
- A broad and challenging curriculum which promotes dignity, justice and inclusiveness
- Innovative teaching with a variety of strategies for learning
- An exciting range of interactive and varied resources
- Positive role models
- A learning partnership between school, home and community
- The celebration of achievements
Please note the following requirements prior to applying for this position:
1. You will need to supply two years of references of which at least one must be from a school setting.
2. You must have a good level of both spoken and written English
We undertake safeguarding checks on all our workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance Keeping Children Safe in Education'. As part of these checks, we require a current Enhanced DBS Disclosure for everyone working in schools. If you do not have a valid subscription to the DBS Update Service, we will require you to complete a new DBS application as part of the registration process, at a cost of £44.00.