£75 - £95 per day
5 months ago
A fantastic SEND school in the Lewisham area requires enthusiastic and proactive LSA's to start work ASAP 2018. These roles can be extended until the end of the academic year initially for the right candidate.
This school caters for pupils with; ASD, complex needs and to a smaller extent PMLD; so any previous experience working with pupils with these challenges would be ideal. However, the most important attribute is the willingness to get involved and be proactive in the classroom.
This school has a very modern campus, with excellent facilities to cater for the pupils SEND requirements. The school has both a primary and secondary school on site, so a willingness to work across both sites is essential. Class sizes are very small (no more than 6 pupils per class), and there is excellent support in place throughout the school.
For this role, you will ideally need to:
- Be able to work either part-time or full-time
- Have previous experience working with children, or young adults, with ASD and complex needs
- Confidence dealing with pupils with different abilities and SEND requirements
- A good knowledge of the national curriculum or confident in supporting small groups with particular subject/s (e.g. Numeracy, literacy booster groups)
- Cable of dealing with challenging behaviour, as well as having strong classroom management, to support pupils in small groups or on a 1:1 basis
- Good interpersonal and communicational skills
- General knowledge / good understanding of ASD
Other experience and qualifications which is preferable:
- Confidence implementing support techniques, such as PEC's & Makaton
- Team Teach qualified
Successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory references, as well as possessing an up to date DBS or be willing to apply for one through Remedy Education.
If this role is of interest to you, or if you are considering another challenge in a SEND school, please contact Carly Walters at Remedy Education.