£8.00 - £12.00 per hour
about 2 months ago
Area Operative required to carry out Street Services activities as required. This includes:
- Street Sweeping (manual or with pedestrian controlled sweeper)
- Mechanical street sweeping
- Litter picking
- Leaf clearance, weed and detritus removal
- Removal of graffiti and fly posting
- Clearance of fly tipping
- Emptying of litter and dog waste bins
- Removal of dead animals
- Safe collection and disposal of hazardous waste such as needles or other sharp items
- Grass cutting (using pedestrian or ride-on mowers)
- Hedge trimming and winter maintenance pruning
- Path edging
- Weed spaying (if certified)
- Supporting arboriculture work as required
- Checking the safety of play equipment and reporting defects as necessary
Prepare and check all equipment required to undertake the allocated tasks. Report all defects to equipment in a timely manner.
Take responsibility for completing daily tasks, as allocated by the Area Supervisor efficiently and to a high standard.
If tasked with driving duties, be responsible for ensuring appropriate vehicle checks are completed and documented, that the vehicle is cleaned after use and that any defects or accidents are reported promptly.
Be responsible for the security and safe operation of any plant or equipment that has been allocated to you to enable you to complete your work.
Under take duties using hand tools including, but not limited to:
- Hedge cutters
- Pole saws
- Mowers (pedestrian or ride on)
- Wood chippers