South Gloucestershire, Gloucestershire
Up to £35 per hour
3 months ago
Advanced Social Worker, Adoption Team, South Gloucestershire, up to £35ph
If you are an experienced Adoption Social Worker, this could be the perfect role for you.
You will work alongside an experienced SGO Social Worker and management sits within the connected carers part of the Family Placement Team.
They strive to ensure that all children and young people subject to Special Guardianship Orders meet their full potential and have opportunities to achieve their best.
The team work closely with the locality and fostering teams and committed to the use Signs of Safety and this is incorporated into all work and reports undertaken.
You will receive regular reflective supervision from your Team Manager.
Main duties include:
- Working closely with the Access and Response Team (ART) and Locality teams to meet with potential SGO carers and to discuss with the allocated Social Workers any potential support needs of the prospective SGO carers.
- SGO Support covers a wide spectrum, from weekly contacts when necessary to more practical and less frequent phone support. This support includes advice regarding birth family contact, considering the therapeutic needs of children and their carers, responding to complex behaviours, and coordinating claims via the Adoption Support Fund (ASF) for specific.
- As a case holding SGO social worker you will be expected to travel, as some children and young people placed under SGOs live out of the local area.
- A social work qualification and HCPC registration as a Social Worker
- Post qualified experience in adoption
- Car driver essential
You will be required to fully register with Remedy for all locum positions.
To be considered for this role, please apply with your current CV.
Remedy Social Care is a REC Standard agency and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the vulnerable. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS. Our objective is to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from everyone with suitable skills and ability regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, religion or belief. All applications will be accepted and reviewed solely on merit.