£27 - £28 per hour
8 days ago
Adults Social Worker - Community Services - Essex
This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic Social Worker to work in the East Locality Team based in Southend-on-Sea. We are undergoing a large transformation programme across adult social care to develop person-centred pathways and practice which is enabling, supportive and developing communities to become more resilient. This post is crucial to the delivery of person-centred care assessments and supporting adults to remain as independent as possible. Working alongside health colleagues to prevent adults from being admitted to long term residential care and supporting interdependence with the community, you will support adults and their carer's as a 'change agent' to build on their strengths, assets and abilities to self-manage.
The successful Qualified Social Worker will require the following
- To work as part of a multi-disciplinary team in undertaking Self Directed Support activities using a Person Centred Approach.
- To support Service Users and their families in having choice and control over the services they use, including Supporting People to Self Assess and use Personal Budgets.
- To facilitate a range of social work interventions, including group work, individual work, community work and crisis intervention.
- To develop and maintain the highest possible standards of professional practice and skills
- Compliance with Safeguarding Vulnerable Adult's Guidelines and other high risk work.
- To provide regular supervision and guidance to staff they supervise.
- To maintain accurate knowledge on the law, policy and procedure as it relates to Service Users.
- To maintain accurate and timely records of work undertaken in Carefirst.
- Ensure the provision of individual, cost effective packages of care and
- support within allocated budgets and defined locality team.
- Ensuring team members comply with policies, standards and procedures as
- agreed by the department.
- Achievement of high levels of team performance ensuring that regular and
- timely reviews are undertaken and that national and locally determined
- indicators are met.
- Working with adults in the community, in hospitals or in residential settings to assess their needs.
- Liaising with other agencies, Departments of the Borough and parts of the Department of Social Care to ensure identified needs are met.
- Working with Service Users, Carers and families at difficult times to provide assistance and support.
You will need as the Social Worker
- HCPC registered
- Eligible to work in the UK
For more information Please call Bronte on 0208 418 7677 for more details or email your CV over today!